Where Do We Go From Here?

So once again, real life has been kicking me repeatedly in the butt.  But I still want to keep this going.  I plan to finish the Bierbaum Legionnaires this year (friggin' finally!), but after that, I have a list of possible subjects to address.  The only thing I wanted to review that I've put on the back-burner is X-Men 2099, and that is entirely because the Great 2099 Creator Walk-Off still can't be verified/refuted/what-have-you.  If it's true, it's important to address; if not, I don't want to keep repeating it as fact.  When it's a comic rumor and Brian Cronin can't help you verify or deny it, you're in trouble.

So here's a list of potential projects to review:

- Several comic series are on the proverbial docket.  I have a couple that are either notoriously bad or have hidden potential buried in layers of badness - namely, Marvel's Mutant X for the former and DC's Son of Vulcan mini for the latter.  I wanted to do a review that looks at what works, what doesn't, and what would need to be fixed to make these not awful.

- I also have some not so much bad as odd animation stuff I want to review.  Shout! Factory put the first season of Captain Planet on DVD, so of course I have that; I'd probably give it the usual dissection of what does & doesn't work, since I think we've moved past the point where just straight up mocking a series for mis-executed good intentions is funny.  Then there's the just plain weird attempt to revive Jonny Quest from the 1980s, wherein they thought nothing would freshen the series up more than a childlike rock golem voiced by Jeffrey Tambor.  (It's so much weirder that I remembered, folks.)  I'm trying to stick to relatively short things so I don't get overwhelmed.

- There's also short things. Do you want stupid X-Men headcanons? Random lists? Reviews of newer magical girl series like Yuki Yuna Is a Hero or Wish Upon the Pleiades? I have notes for things in cartoons that aren't funny (inspired by some of my Pilot Program experiences), along with a bad-live-action Pilot Program sequel including such winners as JLI and Poochinski.  Hell, I found notes from years ago when I tried to see how to make Alpha Flight work in the X-Men Evolution universe because I'm just that dorky.

Let me know if any of these sound remotely interesting. I'm a bit adrift, and picking one thing to focus on once the long, sad slog that the Omnicommentaries became finally conclude will help.  That includes you, Eastern European referral spam links.  I know you love me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Girl Obsession: Teeny Tiny Witch Hat Precure

Ink and Paint: Thoughts on a Curious Fandom

Magical Girl Obsession: KiraKira Mew Mew...er, Precure