Surveying the damage

Hello and welcome.  This is just an initial entry with some pending projects.  I decided to bite the bullet and start a separate blog for my projects, especially in light of recent troubles with the host of my traditional blog (Livejournal).  I will probably be archiving some of the posts that I feel are stronger here over time, but that probably won't be for a while.  For now, here's what's on the plate:

- Omnicommentaries: I had decided to look back at the Bierbaums' run on Legionnaires, and these will be the write-ups of my impressions.  It's modelled on other sites I've read (Not Blog X and the late X-Axis mostly), and this will be a while in the making.  This was the series that got me into the Legion, and I want to share my revisitation with everyone.

- After Battle Report: Because there's more to snark on Battle Chasers than just the delayed release.  The set I have (which is waaaay nicer than the series deserved) doesn't divide the issues up, so I'll have to guess it.  The worst part?  From what I've seen, there's one or two decent ideas. 

- Other insights: You want ramblings about fandom being populated by morons?  My discovery of reruns of The French Chef and what a refreshing change it is from modern cooking shows?  Lamenting the He Man Woman Haters' Club that is modern animation and comics?  Pondering creative matters?  Yeah, that's what this is for; these will, in all likelihood, be cross-posted with my Livejournal (once the damn thing's working).

Finally, I do not know what the policies are for fanfics or similar matters; I will probably keep those on LJ and link to them, since it's best to avoid the matter entirely.  Besides, LJ's kind of known for that crap (and yes, mine is crap as well - I hold no illusions).  Hopefully, this will be at least marginally entertaining to someone - in all likelihood, me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Girl Obsession: Teeny Tiny Witch Hat Precure

Ink and Paint: Thoughts on a Curious Fandom

Magical Girl Obsession: KiraKira Mew Mew...er, Precure